This is Sven:

First of all, I stole this picture from Jenny, my former co-worker's Facebook. Hope she doesn't mind!

Story about Sven: Sven is our mannequin at one of the stores I work at. Yes, he's a little creepy. Back in the day, Sven used to move, and even talk. He still has his cord, but not too much happens when you plug him in.

Last year I was at a sporting goods store waiting for mike to show up, and I walked in and a mannequin talked to me. I looked at it and it was sven's twin! I mentioned to the workers that we have the same one at our store and the man says, "yeah, sven's been here for a long time." I said, "Wait! Did you just call him sven?! Did he come with that name!?" The man, calmly explained to me that they had a big contest to name him and the winner was Sven. That's when i really freaked out at them yelling, "that's what we call him too! Our sven doesn't talk and move anymore though!" They were, to my surprise, not at all impressed. So I sheepishly walked and pretended to be interested in the golf equipment. How could they not be impressed by the coincidence?

Anyways, this weekend I have to do a display for the window of our store. The window is "Sven goes green" for both St. Patrick's day and the environment. Any ideas what I could do??

1 comments:

angie said...

wait, they WEREN'T impressed by that coincidence?!?! what the h! that is too funny not to get a kick out of. idiots.
as for "sven goes green," ... gaul, i am going to have to think on that one.