House Update:

So the remodel continues (and continues) we almost finished the spare bedroom, gave it some new paint and mike put in a laminate floor that looks really nice. He's almost finished with the trim and then we can move stuff in. Tomorrow night someone's going to come help replace the entire breaker box. He was supposed to come over two weeks ago but never showed up or called so please keep your fingers crossed. I guess that's what you have to deal with when you aren't hiring out contractors (saves lots of money though). Once the breaker box is changed we can move forward with everything else. We (mike) can wire the bathroom and kitchen and then the drywall can go up too. So this is a big step! Yay!

While Mike's taking care of that tomorrow and we are without power I'm going to my aunts to help out with my part: making cookies! Someone's gotta feed the hungry workers. Actually we're just going to make up a bunch of batters to bake up at a later time (seeing as I don't have a mixer or a functioning kitchen) this works out perfectly for me :)

2 comments:

Holly. said...

It's it wonderful to do so much work yourself and at the same time such a pain in the butt. I hear you sister! As for me...I have a living room window that is insulated and has trim (only one...the second might have to wait until next winter!)

angie said...

i am so excited for the progress you guys are making!! what color did you end up painting the room? i can't wait to see pictures when all the drywall is back up in the rest of the house. oh, you are going to appreciate this house like nothing else! yay!