I have a drinking problem.

Really, the problem is I can't decide what to bring for Christmas Eve. The last few years I've made it a point of bringing cocktails to our family's Christmas Eve evening celebration. I have quite a few cousins around my age who can enjoy a nice adult holiday beverage, so we do. Three years ago I had lemonciello, two years ago I had both red and green martinis, and last year I had what was called a blue gimmel (my love of blue drinks lives on), and this year I'm drawing a blank.

My cousin posted on my Facebook wall the other day asking if I knew what I was bringing and I explained, well I just bought some glass candy cane stir sticks so I think I'm going to have to work around that. Yes, that's the way I work. Plan my dishes around the cutesy items I have to use with them. So I ask, anyone have any ideas?

3 comments:

angie said...

i will live vicariously through you ... surely there is such thing as a candy cane martini??? peppermint schnaaps mixed with something delicious? like ... ice? hehe

Holly. said...

I did until you spoke of your stir sticks...now you're on your own!! Sounds fun though. I hope we can have a nice beverage when we see each other sometime between January 1-March 31.

big homie said...

i like scotch.