Tuscan Yellow, anyone?

So after we painted the kitchen, and I stood back and looked and said I liked it, "It's like a Tuscan yellow." Mike said he didn't understand what I meant by that. So I said, I don't know, that's just what it feels like. Fast forward to this past weekend. Mike's friend came over and as Mike was showing him the kitchen he said, "I really like this color. It's like a Tuscan yellow." So apparently that's really what it feels like. Is tuscan yellow even a thing?? I'm pretty sure I've never described a yellow that way.

So here's some pictures of what's been accomplished so far:

The dishwasher, oh how I love it. Oh and all of the appliances are not stainless. They're a painted silver so they don't collect fingerprints. Yay!
A sink! A two-basin sink!!! You have no idea how excited both Mike and I are. Top of the cabinets, and look! A kitchen gnome! At the moment we're missing a bag of hinges, which explains why there aren't any doors on these cabinets :)Here's the other side. Still all the trim-work to do and look, there's a hole in the wall! It's where another window will go in the spring.

And here's the other side...As you can see, we're still a work in progress. That is the bar frame will be covered in cedar and will have book shelves on this side. A place for all my cookbooks!

Yup, we're pretty excited in these parts.

5 comments:

Kare said...

WOW! what a spectacular kitchen! I expect you to be baking and cooking alll the time. Mike deserves some good meals after all his hard work. I did notice the gnome before I read your link..hehe and the appliances on the counter...looks like you need a paper towel holder..? yes? It really does look great! Very proud and SO SO happy for you both! Hard work pays off.

Nicole said...

Don't worry, Mike will be getting some yummy meals, that for sure. :) Yup, we do need to get a paper towel holder. We got one but it broke. Of course! OH and that light house cookie jar is a christmas gift from your grandma to mike!

Kare said...

hehe...i also see nanners...but they are way to ripe for me!

angie said...

lovelovelovelovelovelovelOVE it!i'm totally with you on the tuscan yellow. warm, inviting, and makes one want to eat. i'm pretty sure that's the official definition of the color. :) i'm so excited for you guys!

Holly. said...

Ok. I need to come visit you and see this stuff for reals. Do you have any whole weekends off before summer? If not, what about Sundays? Do tell.