It's been a wait.

But I finally got to put all of this brand new stuff that's been sitting in the basement for over a year into the dishwasher last night. Yup. THE DISHWASHER! Ugh, so darn exciting.


So those are our dishes and silverware sitting on our floor, that is also done. Things have really come together. Is it wrong, that I say, "Ooh I love those dishes," every time I look at them? Or better yet, I say "Yee!" The ones with the flowers, that is. Unfortunately I only got a set of two, but I figured that brings our dishes to a set of six, total. Mike's already afraid he'll be the one to break the first one.

Today my momma is hopefully coming over and we're going to work on getting everything into the cabinets. She's way better at organizing than I am. Gotta love moms. Later on tonight I'm painting the dining room.

Last night I sat on the floor in the middle of all those dishes and watched as mike hooked up the dishwasher. Couldn't help but feel extremely proud of him and all of the projects he's accomplished so far, learning all the new trades along the way. Plumbing, wiring, building, floors, he's done it all with little help. So impressed with this man.

2 comments:

angie said...

mike is an amazing boyfriend AND an amazing handyman. way to go, mike! and way to go you, nicole! living through a remodel is TOUGH. you've been such a trooper. you deserve every bit of joy those BEAUTIFUL dishes bring you! where did you find them? love love love them. and so excited for you guys! run that dishwasher like what, sista!

Kare said...

Yes, our Mikey is pretty awesome. Making all this happen for you two is remarkable. Never thought sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor watching the dishwasher being connected would bring such joy!