Riding in Style

Last night I finished up using the treadmill and came upstairs to see Mike was nowhere around. Odd. I went and sat on the porch to try and cool down (from the treadmill, not from anger). As I was sitting there Mike pulled up in his truck and got out with a weird look on his face and said put some shoes on. My immediate reaction was fear, "what's wrong? you're freaking me out." I'm not a worrier at all.

I put my shoes on and went back outside to find Mike pulling a bike out of his truck! Mike has a nice bike himself and has wished that I had one so we could ride together, as he's not fond of taking walks. He said, "you know how I do things spur of the moment without thinking too much?" Yup.

Turns out he looked on craigslist and the second listing for northern Wisconsin was actually in our town (SUPER rare) and it was pretty much EXACTLY (the same brand as his) what he was looking for. He called them up and they asked how tall I was and said perfect, that's how tall the previous rider was; Mike went right over and bought it after a quick test ride. The woman that owned it barely rode it and had decided to get a different style of bike. Score!

So here it is: A trek navigator 2.0 says the bike (I'm told its a nice one)I stole these pictures from the craigslist ad.

I'm ashamed to say...its probably been like 12 years since I've ridden a bike (ridiculous, I know). However, it turns out that old saying is pretty true. We went for a short ride last night (in the rain) and it was lovely. Here's to it clearing up so we can go a little farther tonight.

Thanks, Mike. I love it!

2 comments:

angie said...

oh my gosh, i love it! what a guy that mike is. i like that he's spoiling you. :) here's to many excellent bike rides in your future!

Holly. said...

awesome!! we just got new tires on our bikes so we too have been cruising!!