Party Time! Grandma Style!

So this weekend was a VERY BUSY and hectic time. It was the town festival that myself and a couple other people helped plan and execute. To say the week prior was a little stressful is a correct statement. All in all, the event seemed to go over well with a few things to tweak for next year.

Also, we held a surprise 75th birthday party for my grandma. I volunteered to make decorations. Why volunteer when I was already so busy with festival planning? Well, its because I love having an excuse to make crafts. So here some of what I made.

Remember the green, purple, and doily theme I decided to go with? Well I stuck pretty close to it with these "windsocks" which were spray painted coffee cans that had crepe paper taped inside.

I also made these little topiary type things for centerpieces on some of the tables. They are cupcake liners hot glued to foam balls in painted pots. Everything but the stencil for the pots was bought at the $1 store. YAY for that!


I also made this banner using doilies (of course) and paint chips that I cut and wrote on. This cost me about a dollar to make.
Use a picture frame, put some cute paper in it and write away with some dry erase markers. So SIMPLE!

So that's most of what I made. While I wish I could have made more, (so many more ideas!) time just got away from me. I think my grandma was pleasantly surprised and had a good time, even though she initially refused to get out of the car. Oh, Grandma :)

5 comments:

Holly. said...

Pretty!!! And I love that your Grandma wasn't going to get out of the car. That's perfect!

Aaron said...

Nicole, "I am speechless. I am without speech."

angie said...

whoa, i haven't commented on this? what the heck. i LOVE it! your grandma is so lucky to have you on her side. :) will you come decorate my house like it's her party? too pretty.

jeremy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Well done!
women obgyn

Lexie said...

i love the design of your blog. it's so... homey, i guess? i guess this doesn't really have anything to do with the post, but i just decided to share that. the look of it all is so inviting!

-- Lexie, anotherfishtofry.blogspot.com