I need tips.

Does anyone have any tips for living in a construction area? Demo is about to start on Saturday on the kitchen and bathroom. Last night I already got a little overwhelmed b/c of the mess of all the stuff to prepare for it. Not to mention, I'm moving in at the same time. Today I'm going to get the majority of my stuff from my house to add to the clutter. Anyone have any tips on how to save my sanity? Angie told me to make lists, something I'm fond of, so I'm totally prepared to make those "to do" sanity savers. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

4 comments:

angie said...

here's a tip i wish i would have thought of when we were moving: label your boxes! seriously. take the minute to do it now and save yourself hours of potential searching down the road.
otherwise, i think all you can hope for is to stay calm and repeat this mantra: this is only temporary.

good luck!!!

Kare said...

so the kitchen and bathroom aye? We just redid those same two rooms....and let me tell you being without a toilet for...2 1/2 days...not fun! yes I did managed to go along side the house only 2 times, thankfully all the others I was at work or my moms or walmart....lol. seriously, being without a bathroom is not fun and we just redid the tile on the floor. As far as the kitchen goes, that was a HUGE mess. I don't even know where to begin, we ate out a lot, but as far as the destruction...it overtakes you that's for sure. But in the end it's totally worth it. :)
So, with that said I have no tips. :(

And your moving in....yay! It's about freaking time. :)

Claire Higgins said...

garbage bags and tape. try to keep the dust in one area so you aren't having to clean everywhere.

angie said...

claire, awesome suggestion!! nicole, listen to claire.