A weekend away! (in pictures)

So Mike and I were able to get away this weekend and head to good Ol' Eau Claire (thanks sister and kurt for letting us crash!) . My cousin was getting married and it was the perfect excuse to get back to that city that I sometimes really miss. We were able to squeeze quite a few things into the weekend too. We went out Friday night so Mike could meet up with a friend. How could I have not taken a picture or video?? Helium voice karoke to "I'm too sexy"???? Yeah, why didn't I have my camera with me? And Angie and Holly.....how could I have forgotten that I had my camera in my purse. So sad we didn't get at least one pic. Anyways, here's a few that I did.

It's my little Ally. Miss her muchos. It was nice to see she was just as excited to see me as I was her :)
This is Pugsley, Kurt's dog. He'd probably be ashamed if he knew I put this picture on here.

We did the ever imformative and a little underwhelming Leinenkugel's tour. Who wants to go on a beer tour when you don't even get to see the stuff being bottled? Hello. I so wanted to live my Laverne and Sherlie fantasy.

We even managed to head to the local "free zoo" that I didn't even know existed. (Black bear, cougars, capuchens, elk, bison, etc. wow) Check out the way that Lemur is sitting. I think he might have osteoporosis.

Mike pointing at his favorite bit. Black Bear poop.

On second thought, maybe this was his favorite. The cougars. Mike. We already have enough cats.

My beautiful cousins, Megan and Kasie. They stood up in the wedding.

And finally, Tola, the party man (he's not, and that wasn't even his beer).

Thanks Angie and Dave, Holly, and Heidi and Luke for meeting us for lunch and the packer game. I caught myself smiling for no reason while you were there with us. Thanks again. Miss you's already!

3 comments:

angie said...

aww this is the sweetest. and puggles??? hehehehe i would be embarassed too, if i were him. luckily he doesn't have a computer to see this picture.
i agree, it was too too great to see you this weekend. can we maybe try seeing each other TWICE a year from now on? i know, that seems just crazy, but maybe we can do it. and we can both bring our cameras. :)

Kare said...

aww...Ally, I miss her. Does your sister have her now? I'm glad you guys got to get away for the weekend even though it was just a short time. Remember you can always come to FL for a weekend too :)

Claire Higgins said...

what a great weekend you had! so sweet!
...the zoo? how did i miss that?