Aaron, you're one observant man + lawn mowers, I hate thee

So, yesterday I posted, begging for someone to give me material to write about. Aaron, being so clever suggested maybe writing about the mass quantity of sleeveless t-shirt men running around this place. I will have you know the first person I saw crossing the street today. Sleeveless t-shirt.

On another note I may try and mow the lawn again today. I'm having a neverending battle with our lawn mowers lately. So the rider wasn't working for forever and then miraculously it was fixed. I didn't realize it was fixed and proceeded to mow the kind of large lawn with the push mower and put it away right in front of the rider which had been fixed and was back in the garage without me realizing it.

The next time I go and get the rider. I'm circling around this rather large snowball bush that we have when, unknowingly to me, a bolt comes off the steering wheel thingy (i'm rather mechanical) and i'm driving further and further into the bush wondering why it won't turn away from it. Don't worry. I managed to shut it off before I drove completely into it.

So then that bit got fixed. Next time I use it I get almost the entire lawn done when I see my cell phone laying in the grass in very close proximity to the blades. So I get off the thing to pick it up and when I try to restart it...it won't. I pushed it to the garage and there it sits. We're on a break.

Oh did I mention one time last month I ran out of gas using my uncles mower (which I was unfamiliar with) when the lady neighbor yells across the street "Check the gas!" Thank you lady.

I'm starting to have quite the stigma with lawnmowers.

4 comments:

angie said...

oh my gosh, nicole, you really need to break up with your lawn mower(s). this is getting ridiculous. (though slightly hilarious to bystanders such as myself)

Holly. said...

hey, don't make fun of my gary and his cut off sleeve tshirts!! mwahahaha. i was at a baseball game last night when you called. hopefully we can connect tonight. i should be available between 5-7. i have a game at 7:30. later.

Jolene said...

maybe you should check into those cute retro push reel mowers :)

for what it's worth though - to help you feel better - when i used the rider this weekend i slung (a word?) a rock at the boys' bedroom window and put a nice hole in the outside glass pane. oopsies.

Kare said...

haha. good thing we have the mexicans mow our lawn. :) Happy mowing.