Definitive signs summer is coming:

  • Road construction is up and running full speed
  • I spied the city crew putting up the volleyball nets at the beach
  • The UPS guys are wearing those adorable little brown shorts
  • My windshield was covered in yellow pollen this morning
  • My cute old neighbor mowed his lawn before 8 am (not cute) and then blew it clean with his leaf blower after again mowing at 10 am
  • The hostas and baby rose bush are starting to grow and the rhubarb has leaves
  • Mike is itching to go golfing
  • I have to call all chamber members to see if they want hanging flower pots for their businesses
  • There was a lot of traffic on the road today
  • I'm starting to not recognize the faces that come into the stores I work at
  • I've worn flip-flops to work
I should note, however that it is currently 47 degrees.

2 comments:

angie said...

i loooove this list! and HAHA to "full speed" on construction. something like that. :)

Claire Higgins said...

UPS dudes in shorts...don't get to see that here!
I think UPS has JUST started coming down here, it used to be DHL, but knowing most Mexicans, they'd be wearing pants no matter what!