Update: Tree style


Now that I can laugh about it, here's what my tree looked like the morning after we put it up. I literally walked out of my room thinking, "Oooh, I'm gonna look at my tree!" Looked, half asleep, and was completely confused because I didn't see it. But no, it was there, just laying on the floor. So there I am laying on the soaking wet floor screwing the sucker back in. Mike goes and lays back down, I gather my stuff for the shower, as I walk back into the room, there it goes again. I ran to try to catch it. No go. So that time Mike tightened the screws and tied it to the ceiling. This left me late for work, no shower and with a couple of my favorite ornaments broken. I knew Mike wouldn't be able to do anything b/c he had people coming over early to do drywall until he had to go to work so it would be there waiting for me when I got home.

But alas, Mom to the Rescue! She came over and we had to cut the trunk and level it off and redecorate. It sure was a pain, but she looks perty again. In case you're wondering we put fishing line around it just in case...

3 comments:

angie said...

oh my gosh, i'm so sorry, but i still giggle when i remember the text you sent me that day! you POOR THING! ugh.
... sometimes i kinda wish my tree would tip over so i could start over and decorate it the way i meant to in the first place.
p.s. were the kitties at all involved in the great fall of 2009?

Holly. said...

at least you HAVE a tree to decorate. that's more than i have!! sorry about your broken ornaments though :(

Jolene said...

LOL!!! OH NO! Sorry, Nic! It sounds like you managed it with more grace than I would have. Did I tell you how much I love your knit garland? I think that is sooo cool. Merry Christmas!