Adventures of (an adult) picky eater (or two).


To anyone that knows Mike and I, it's no secret that we aren't the most adventurous eaters. I've definitely got Mike beat though on what I will eat. In fact, I'm choosing to believe I'm not THAT picky anymore.

No longer do I have to eat bbq's when its taco night (Yes, this was what happened while i grew up. I didn't like tacos!) and I eat them WITH LETTUCE. Lettuce has been my hardest thing to conquer. I'm still not completely over the hill. I can't tell you how many times I've gagged while trying to eat a salad. Its the texture of lettuce, the way it sticks to the roof of my mouth. Shudder. We've even incorporated eating a small salad with dinner at least three nights a week now as a way of training ourselves to eat better for when (gasp!) we have children and have to show them how good salads are. We don't want our children to have to deal with that stigma. At the very least they won't be able to say "well you won't eat it!"

Its really frustrating and embarrassing when going to someone's house and telling them no thank you to everything they serve up! So here are some things that have been added to our willing to eat food roster:

Fish (Always on mine, but very recently added to Mikes!)
Salads (I must have it with french dressing, but not toooo much of it, oh and baby lettuce)
Spinach (I made a spinach tortellini soup last night and though it looked "scary" I thought it was really good and Mike even ate a bowl after some trepidation)
Cucumbers(always on Mike's)
Bell Peppers (not for Mike)
Tomatoes (I still prefer them cooked, but on salads and tacos and burgers, i can handle them raw)

I'm sure there are more, but for now that seems like a pretty solid list. Oh, growing up.

2 comments:

angie said...

YAY! i'm so proud of you two!!! way to think ahead to the type of parents you want to be and start working on things now. you guys are the best. :) i wish you many happy, adventurous meals ahead!

Holly. said...

hehe!!! i hope mike found his fish love since he went through the work of catching some!