Flowers! Oh, the flowers!

With the wedding coming up in September, I have decided I am going to try my hardest to grow the flowers we will use at the tables, and possibly the bouquets. Its just not in the budget to bring in tons of flowers from a flower shop. I'm going crazy right now looking for the perfect kinds! The tricky part is finding some that will (fingers crossed) last until the end of September. I know we definitely had flowers blooming at the end of September last year...will we be this lucky this year? Also, how do I deal with the uncertainty of it all?? What do I do as a backup?

I told our neighbor last night and she's already decided that part of the communal garden will be a cut flower patch. With her help and excitement I at least have a CHANCE that this might work.

Any suggestions as to what to grow? We will definitely be doing a few kinds of sunflowers and zinnias as they are what we had that thrived last year.

Yay, Flowers!

3 comments:

angie said...

daisies, daisies, daisies! ours thrive here. granted, the plants have gotten more robust each year, but we still had a good amount that first season. plus, they come in soooo many colors. that's my suggestion.
also, what about mums? we used them in our bouquets, i think partially because they are fall flowers, but check on that. i'm not totally sure. i'll keep thinking! LOVE this subject. :)

Jolene said...

I love this idea!! I can't wait to hear what you decide to plant :)

Holly. said...

so fun!!! i could never do this...i am way too much type a, but i LOVE the idea!!! check your growing zone. i notice a large difference in growing season between here and madison and here and eau claire. considering the "early" spring i think it'll be a great summer/fall for growing flowers!!!