Gift Giving-Mike and Nicole Style

I love giving gifts. I love searching until I find the perfect thing for someone. And you know what, I love giving them early because I can't help myself. The excitement of knowing someone just may love the thing you give them is just...too much to bear (is that the right bear?). No one understands this more than Mike. In fact, he is far worse than I when it comes to giving gifts early. He literally cannot help himself.

Our wedding is coming up in September, you know six (6) months away. I gave him his wedding present in January. It was Packer Stock with both of our names on it including my new name. My reasoning for giving it early is that there is an annual share holder meeting coming up before our wedding that I assumed he would want to go to. That was my reasoning anyways.

Cut to last week, Wednesday, Mike tells me I may have a surprise waiting for me on Thursday. Nope it didn't come. This left me another day to try and figure out just what the surprise could be. I for sure thought it was something four wheeler related, with the new four wheeler and all. But I was wrong! Mike walked in the door after work on Friday with two gift bags (that he stole from my closet) and said this is your wedding present. I said, "You can't wait?" He said, "No!!! You saw how upset I was when it didn't show up yesterday!!" And with that, I opened it.

Yee! This was my surprise!! I had zero clue even though I did see him talking with Kari, his cousin and my BFF. Turns out he was consulting with her on what to get. He got a great deal on a used Canon Rebel xsi on ebay. Its in great condition and came with all kinds of extras too. Its the same exact one Kari has so we can consult with each other. Later on Mike asked me "are you glad I didn't wait?" Heck yeah, I am!

3 comments:

angie said...

just one more reason you two are so perfect for each other! love it!

Holly. said...

you two are so cute!!! hehe! can't wait to see what kind of magic you do with your new camera.

web designer india said...

Thanks for post. It’s really informative stuff.
I really like to read.Hope to learn a lot and have a nice experience here! my best regards guys!
cheap web design
web designer india