Hostess with the Shmostest

As most of my friends know, I love hosting a party, even a small one at that. Last week we had friends and their children over for a taco bar with pitchers of freshly made mojitos. Delicious. Just use a little less sugar than they do. Try them.

Also, this year we had some people over for easter "dinner." For dinner we had garlic smashed red potatoes (the only kind of mashed potato I want anymore) and a ham (that we successfully reheated!) with stuffing, calico beans (thanks, mom), corn, green beans, gravy and dinner rolls. Not to pat myself on the back, but the food turned out fantastic and I was proud of the two of us :)When I came home from work on Saturday I found these flowers from the Mikester.

They couldn't have been more my style. Those little eggs there? I made them and LOVE them even though they have no purpose other than to be cute. Sidebar: I am obsessed with going to craft blogs and using their super thoughtful templates (click on the egg link).

For dessert we had lemon bread and these little carrot cuppy cakes with cream cheese frosting with a gummy butterfly on top (working at a candy shop can be inspirational and dangerous):

Thanks to mike for actually decorating the cupcakes while I quickly took a shower! Yup, he takes well to directions :)

1 comments:

Holly. said...

You just keep being freaking adorable!!! Ahhh. Love everything about your Easter & your taco bar party.