Organization...Step 1

Mike and I are on a quest. A quest for some organization in our lives. This is something that is badly needed in our house. I've been on the search for something with cubby holes so I could store stuff without needing to see it all the time. Aka, hide it. It had to be the perfect size to fit where we need it to go and finally, I found it!

Yes, that mess in the background proves two things...one, we need some organization, and two, I should probably at least pick stuff up off the floor before I take a picture that people will see. Don't want to let people behind the curtain...

After Mike put together this little thing he said, "I wonder how long it will take for Lulu to go in it." Not long, Mike. Not long.We bought this on our little trip to Duluth recently. Want to know what else we got? Patio furniture (no we don't have a patio) and a gazebo (now we don't need a patio!). I'm super excited about being able to sit outside and eat and chill. This is the first home I've lived in that didn't have a deck to go sit on. So big yay for this! While at Menards, I registered to win a prize and I won! A paint roller that you fill with paint instead of having to dip it in a pan. Hehe. We were actually going to paint in the basement soon, so yay for that too!

Finally, guess what else we (Mike) got! An 8x10 vinyl shed! Its super nice. Well, the model in the store looked really nice. It will be shipped to us on the 15th, I think. From there, its building time. How much of a bigger step can you get for organization?? A place for the lawnmower, snow blower, grill, four wheeler, and now patio furniture. This is huge. HUGE.

5 comments:

angie said...

this is all fantastic! i cannot wait to see pictures of the gazebo. heck. i can't wait to someday enjoy it with you! :)

Arianna said...

That is one impressive trip to Menards! Nice work. And I second Angie. Can we all invite ourselves over to enjoy your new gazebo?

Holly. said...

I LOVE organization!! And your new purchases sound wonderful! I need to get up there to try out the gazebo once it's ready.

Nicole said...

We'd LOVE to have people over to use our new outdoor stuffs! I suppose that was part of getting it...so people could come over :)

Aaron said...

My first thought when I read your beginning paragraph about your quest for organization was a quote from Liz Lemon after she made a similar change, "A new beginning. Like a phoenix rising from the ashes." Though, I guess it didn't end as well for her. But she didn't have as many cats to organize.