Strike!

Ever since Mike went golfing in Florida he's had the itch to go. After a successful 1/2 off! purchase of some new clubs he's really had the itch. Our golf course finally opened this past weekend complete with rain and intense fog. So yesterday was the first day to go. I went with.

We went to the driving range and I don't think I've swung a club since about senior year of high school...and mind you I barely did it then.

I did just what he told me to do and swung and missed over and over again. Finally I started to connect with it...the top of it. Thus, sending it a few rolling feet forward. I did finally get a little bit of a hang of it and the ball managed to make it in the air but I couldn't ever find it once it was there. So I have no idea how far they went...my guess is not very far. I really had a good time though and would love to see if I can actually continue to hit the ball....maybe even forwards instead of sideways this time.


Mike begrudgingly let me take a picture of him for blog fodder.

This little girl and her dad were so cute. She'd throw a ball to him when he needed it and then she'd yell 1, 2, 3,....GO!....right as he was swinging :)

2 comments:

angie said...

yay! mikey makes a blog appearance! i'm so glad. (you can tell him so, if you think it will help.) but nic, truly, i am so impressed that you went golfing! i can only assume that if you couldn't find the ball, it must have gone for miles.
FORE!

Kare said...

lol. I dont think I have to remind you of the time we went...sooo sorry, but you healed nicely. :) I hope Mike has better aim than I did.